Referral Program FAQ
Who Can Refer?
Any current member of The Commons may submit a referral submission.
Who Can I Refer?
You can refer anyone who owns or works for a business and might be interested in a membership at The Commons, as long as you do not own, part-own, or work for the business you refer.
What If I Refer Someone Who Has Already Applied?
If your referral has applied for a membership through our website, email, phone call, or in-person, you are not eligible for referral fees.
How to Refer?
Head to The Commons Referral Form and fill out the Referral Submission form.
Can I Refer More Than One Team?
Yes, there is no limit to how many people you can refer.
What Happens After I Refer?
Once we receive your referral, it will be logged into our database. Your referral will go through our usual approval process to ensure no conflict of interest with our current members. After approval, we will schedule a tour of the space and discuss membership options with your referral.
How Do I Know If My Referral Has Joined?
We will keep you informed throughout the process and send you an email when your referral signs their membership agreement.
Payment of Referral Fee?
- If your referral chooses an Open Desk membership, you will receive a one-off $100 Prezzee Gift Voucher.
- If your referral chooses Dedicated Desk(s) or Private Office(s), you will be paid 10% of their membership fee every month. You need to have an ABN for this, or we will withhold a portion for tax purposes.
Referral Fee Amount?
- For Open Desk referrals, you receive a one-time $100 Prezzee Gift Voucher.
- For Dedicated Desk(s) or Private Office(s) referrals, you earn 10% of their membership fee, which will stop after 12 months, when you've received a maximum of $5,000, or when the referral terminates or downgrades.
Your payments will begin in the month following your referral's sign-up, and they are made in the middle of each month.
Maximum Referral Earnings?
Your referral fee is capped at a maximum of $5,000 or 12 months of payments (whichever comes first) per referral. There is no limit to how many people you can refer.
Benefit to Referred Individuals?
We waive the joining fee for everyone you refer.
Changes in Referral Membership?
If your referral terminates or changes their membership, your payments will stop. If they upgrade, your payments and referral terms remain unchanged.
Referral Scenarios: Here are some examples of possible referral scenarios:
- [Example 1]Member Rebecca makes the following referrals:
- Refers Jane, who takes a Private Office at $2,000/month. Rebecca receives $200/month for 12 months.
- Refers Robert, who chooses a Private Office at $6,000/month. Rebecca receives $600/month, up to a maximum of $5,000.
- Total: Rebecca receives $7,400 in referral fees.
- [Example 2]Member Julian makes the following referrals:
- Refers Anika, who takes an office at $10,000/month. Julian receives $1,000/month, up to $5,000.
- Refers Shannon, who takes 4 Dedicated Desks at $2,800. Julian receives $280/month for 12 months.
- Refers Adrian and Jess, both taking Open Desks, for which Julian receives two $100 Prezzee gift vouchers.
- Total: Julian receives $8,360 in referral fees and $200 in Prezzee gift vouchers.
- [Example 3]Member Linda makes the following referrals:
- Refers Dean for a Private Office at $1,700/month. Linda receives $170/month. After 6 months, Dean downgrades to a Dedicated Desk, and Linda's payments stop.
Contact Us: For further information, please contact us at: